Here are frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Silverado’s Educational Assistance Program.

Can I participate if I am a part-time associate?

No, only full-time associates are eligible to participate.

When am I eligible to participate?

You must complete six (6) months of service with Silverado before the beginning of the class to be eligible for reimbursement and you must be an active associate employed by Silverado on the date when the payment is made to be eligible for the reimbursement.

What types of courses are eligible?

All courses which are work related.

How far back can I submit for reimbursement?

You can be reimbursed for courses one year prior to current year. Reimbursement can not go back prior to when you were eligible for the program.

What are the required documents for reimbursement?

Here is the requirement document list:

  • Completed Silverado Educational Assistance Application (click here to download the application), signed by both the Associate and the Manager/Administrator
  • Courses description, documentation of grade, or completion of certificate
  • Proof of payment
  • All required documents should be sent to:
What is the maximum amount of reimbursement?

Full-time associates are eligible to receive up to $500 in reimbursement every anniversary year.

Will I need to pay income taxes on the reimbursement money?

No. Taxes will not be taken out of your reimbursement.

We are happy to assist you with any additional questions you may have regarding the program and the courses you are considering.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the Benefits Department at (949) 705-4900 or email us at